Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


This week has been very fulfilling.  The kids and I accomplished a lot and had some fun while we were at it!  I am linking with Sue over at The Homeschool Chick for the weekly Homeschool Mother's Journal Post.  If you haven't already, hop on over to participate.

In My Life This Week:    I am still working on the school room project which has hit a snag.  The room we were originally going to use is a little to small for the kids school stuff.  We are now in the process of moving the toys and the Ikea shelves from the playroom into the old office/school room.  We are then going to move all the school items into the playroom.  This way we will have more room for desks, workboxes, and supplies.  We are also turning a decorative niche in the hallway into a full size closet. Yeah!  You can never have too many closets.  So, there are some messes in the house, which drives me crazy, but the end result will be worth it.

In Our Homeschool This Week:  We had a great week!  On Wednesday we took some time after our lessons to read Dr. Seuss books.  We had so much fun.  We then picked out favorite book, Green Eggs and Ham, and dis an art project about our favorite part of the story.  Doing this activity with the kids made me realize the importance of having time away from the textbooks to have fun and relax together.

Places We Are Going/People We Are Seeing:  Once again we stayed close to home this week.  Due to the cold and flu season we are really trying to limit our exposure.  I am hoping to be able to get out and about on Saturday, we will have to see what the weather brings.

My Favorite Thing This Week:  I think my favorite thing this week was our Dr. Seuss day.  We had so much fun and the kids drawings turned out amazing!

Whats Working/Not Working For Us:  What is not working is the bump I hit in the school room makeover.  The mess is really starting to get to me and we are all anxious to have our own study space.

Homeschool Questions/Thoughts I Have:  I have been thinking a lot about some things I would like to do next year.  A few ideas I have rolling around in my head are:  starting a girls club for Tay.  This club would focus on dignity, and being "Daughters of the King".  I love this idea, but have never taken charge of something like this before.  I am also considering leading a co-op locally, similar to Classical Conversations,  but again I am hesitant due to lack of experience.  I just have a strong feeling that I need to explore these things.  We will see were it takes us!

APhoto/ Quote To Share:

"Jesus does not want you to worry."

  This picture was taken by Tay down the street from my parents house.


Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,

Kimberly

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my site, I have the SAME problem with the classroom right now! Have a great week =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the school room issue. When it's all said and done, I'm sure it will be awesome!

    I have thought about starting a group too, but chicken out. I really don't like to be the one in charge. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my blog! BTW, I'm your newest follower. :)

    I hope your school room gets done soon. Nothing worse than having a mess like that to drive you crazy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW a Girls Club would be great! I think you should go for it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    It's great you will have a school room in the near future. I would sure love one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful picture of our flag! Oh, how I miss having a school room! I'm sure it will be wonderful once it is complete. Thanks so much for stopping by The Homeschool Desk and for your advice concerning scheduling. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I hope you'll stop by again soon! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful comments. I love to read them and check out what others are doing as well. I am thankful for all of you for reading and letting me know your thoughts.

Kimbelry