Before I get started with Science Project Sunday, I wanted to give you an update on the kids names. I have decided to change what I call them here as the writing of their initials felt unnatural to me. Names are as follows:
This just feels more natural to me. I hope you don't mind the change. O.K. on with Science Project Sunday.
Tay has just completed her Mercury Unit with Exploring Creation with Astronomy. This science unit has been so much fun. We have decided to go ahead and try the Make a Model of Mercury project. All the kids participated in this project, with Tay recording her results in her notebook. We mixed together flour, salt, oil, and water. We had to add a little more water than called for to get the dough to form. After some time we were able to make a round ball out of the dough.
Here is the final result. We have let it dry overnight, it still needs a little more dry time though. We will now be able to add this to our new school room when complete.