Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday's and Disneyland! Oh My! Part 2

Well, after Tay's birthday on Saturday, I had to gear up to make my confirmation on Sunday at Church.  Of course, as a Catholic I was actually supposed to make my Confirmation in high school, but because it wasn't pressed in our house I chose not to.  After years of feeling like I should have, I finally did. As I was sitting in the Church listening to Father give his Homily about the importance of Confirmation, I was happy that I had waited.  My reason for this is that at 16 or 17 years old I do not think that I would have fully grasped the importance of the sacrament of Confirmation, nor do I think that it would have been as important to me as it was on this day.  I was also happy to know that all three of my children were able to watch me receive this very important Sacrament, especially Tay, who is older and at that impressionable age. It turned out to be a wonderful way to celebrate Mother's Day.

After Confirmation, we headed out to dinner with all the family to enjoy a wonderful Mother's Day.  The kids were very well behaved and we had a delicious meal at a local restaurant.  I was so thankful to be with all my family to enjoy this day.

After dinner, my Husband and had to gear up for our Disneyland trip the next day.  We spent some time packing and getting everything set that we would need.  The kids were very excited about leaving in the morning.  We told Buddy that we would be leaving when the sun came up in the morning, so around 6:30 or so he came running in our room yelling it is morning, look out the window, it is time to go to Disneyland!  This was Buddy's first trip to Disneyland, but yet his excitement was as if he had been there before.  So we all piled in the car for our 4 hour drive to LA.  Thankfully the kids were all very good in the car and we really didn't hit any traffic.

Upon arrival the kids excitement filled the car.  They could not wait to get out and get going.  Off to the park we go.  We headed through the gates of Disneyland and Buddy just couldn't believe what he was seeing.  He was in awe.  The train, the people, everything, Buddy didn't know where to look first.  Onto Main Street we go and there is Minnie Mouse.


Buddy was super excited to see Minnie, but not as excited to see Pluto, who we ran into next.






The girls were laughing at Buddy because he just couldn't stop giggling.  It was so cute!  Buddy and the girls had such a great time this trip and I am so thankful for the time we spent together as a family.  We were able to ride many rides, and because we went Monday-Wednesday it really was not that crowded.  Of course that helps to make wait times more enjoyable.  We had Breakfast with the characters two days, which was so much fun.  This picture was so funny because Buddy did not know that this guy was behind him, and when he turned around this is what he did.  I love this picture.  This is what Disneyland is all about.  Smiles!!




One of Buddy's favorite characters were Chip and Dale.  We were able to see both of them a couple of times and each time his little face would light up.  My favorite thing about Disneyland is watching the kids.  The look on their faces, the smiles, and the excitement that they show is priceless.  We had a great trip, and I know Buddy's first time to Disneyland has created a wonderful memory for all of us.  Here is one last photo of all 5 of us, in a toy box in front of Toy Story Mania.


We took so many more pictures, but these are just some of my favorites.  It was hard to choose which ones I wanted to share.  As I look through the pictures my memories of those days come flooding back.  I hope you have enjoyed reading about our trip and sharing those special memories with me.

3 comments:

  1. i'm visiting from HHH...your blog is beautiful! i love the hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your beautiful confirmation and extra special Mother's Day! You are blessed! :) AWESOME trip and pictures Kimberly! It looks like a great time and no crowds! WooHoo! That's so nice you live so close to such a big and popular park! Thanks for sharing your memories on NOBH!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via the Hip Homeschool Hop--what a great trip you all had! Congratulations on your Confirmation as well! http://twitter.com/#!/EcChezNous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful comments. I love to read them and check out what others are doing as well. I am thankful for all of you for reading and letting me know your thoughts.

Kimbelry